Biodynamic Farm at 3600′ in the Upper Tunk Valley, Okanogan County, WA, USA, offering sustainably grown produce, seedlings, cuttings, and seed stock. For current availability contact Brian @ 206 294 8205 or email email@example.com.
Spring 2019 Seedlings
For the garden:
- Livingston’s Cut Mix (Seeds planted: 4/4/2019. Seedlings available for purchase 5/1/2019). From the supplier: Livingston’s Cutting Lettuce is a must for your garden. Grow alongside your Bull’s Blood Beet, Arugula, and Spinach for an even larger greens mixture. Well-balanced formula mixture of Baby Oakleaf, Bronze Beauty, Red Velvet, Pablo, Tennis Ball, and Freckles. Sounds like a tasty and beautiful salad! Garden tip: All lettuce types grow best when the soil is kept consistently moist. Maturity: 30 days
- Bibb Lettuce Mix (Seeds planted: 4/4/2019. Seedlings available for purchase 5/1/2019). From the Supplier: Bunnies like lettuce and tasty Bibb Lettuce has to be one of their favorites. The loose heads formed by this variety show green or brownish outer leaves and cream or butter-colored inner leaves. Garden tip: Bibb Lettuce thrives in cooler weather, but is also susceptible to frost. Hot, dry summer conditions can cause splitting, bolting, or rotting; harvest your fall crop before your area’s first fall frost date. Thin to 6-10″. Sun. Maturity: 60 days.
- Dwarf Gray Sugar Pea (Seeds planted 4/4/2018. Seedlings available for purchase 5/5/2019). With their light green pods and purple blossoms, Dwarf Gray Sugar Peas have much to brag about. The bushy plants are stringless, very adaptable, and dependable producers that don’t require staking; their swee, tender pods, are delicious fresh, sauteed, or frozen). Use in stir-frys or other Asian dishes. Garden Tip: Eat em when they are young – the best flavor is often while the pods are still flat with immature seeds. Don’t leave on the vine too long.
- Big Max Pumpkin (Seeds planted: 4/4/2019. Seedlings available for purchase 5/1/2019). From the supplier: Big Max is just the guy to put on display. He makes you smile. Big Max is nearly round with slightly rough, red-orange skin and bright yellowish-orange 4″ thick flesh. He is not only fun to look at, he is also marvelous for baking and canning. Garden tip: Pumpkins require fertile, well tilled soil, good drainage, full sun, adequate room for vines to spread, and protection from harsh wind.
- Jalapeno Pepper (Seeds planted 4/6/2019).